"When you are hungry, you can't think about anything else."Juana "Janie" Mendez, 17
Crestwood Christian Church was overflowing with energy and creativity Sun. Sept. 17th when 55 youth and 12 leaders gathered to meet new friends while playing robust games in the gym, eating pizza, sandwiches, fruit and cookies and making colorful, unique posters to carry on our Walk, Sept. 24th. Abundant Gratitude to Rev. Kory, Rev. Trish, Casey and team for hosting another successful ecumenical event that brought together 'Walking' youth from Providence Christian (Jessamine CO), Central Christian, East 2nd St. Christian, First Christian (Winchester) and Crestwood.
Friendly Reminders as we prepare for next Sunday's Walk:
- We are 'GREEN' and it will be a warm day! DO bring, and REMIND others, your own water bottle which can be refilled at Southern Hills UMC Water Station. E. Main/MLK.
- Youth Leaders: save time at 3 PM registration! Print a sign- in- sheet (includes statement of consent) from CROP Hunger Walk's resource center to complete and bring with you. 3:25 send-off message. Walk begins promptly at 3:30.
- Crossing guard volunteers will be located at the major intersections. BUT, everyone MUST Walk on the sidewalks and adhere to traffic lights. The route will be well marked with official posters. Strollers, wagons, dogs are OK....no bicycles, skateboards.
- Our 'cash' fund raising continues through Oct. 31st and ON-line donations accepted through Dec. Let's continue our efforts so we can Celebrate reaching our 30th Anniversary, $30,000 goal!
- Print your on-line confirmation donation receipt and take with you (or give to someone) to ALFALFA's for Brunch or take-out SUNDAY, 9-2 PM. They will donate 20% (before sales tax) to our mission. GOOD NEWS! indeed.
- Bring a can(s) protein food (tuna, chicken, p.butter) to donate to God's Pantry station.
- T-shirts will be sold; profits to our Walk (this year's style $12, others $8)
- Abundant Thanks! to Providence Christian, Southern Hills UMC, Crestwood Christian, Unitarian Universalist, Meadowthorpe Presbyterian, East 2nd St. Christian and Christian Science for giving all Walkers visual, interactive moments of reflection as to why we are Walking in Solidarity for all our neighbors in need of the most basic human rights!
See you and yours Sunday!
Judy M., Walk organizer
Our 3-mile 2017 Hunger Walk Route